Have champagne wedding taste but a beer budget? With the average American wedding at a whooping $27,000, you don’t have to DIY your entire wedding to save money. There are other ways you can be frugal and still have the fabulous wedding day you envision. Here are the Top 10 Wedding Budget Tips:
1. DETERMINE YOUR PRIORITIES – Pick which elements are most important to you and then you can tailor your budget to splurge on those items and cut back on the others. This is different for everyone, and it is your wedding, so it’s ok to splurge a little!
2. KEEP YOUR GUEST COUNT DOWN – Venues often determine your wedding cost by the head count. One way is to just do immediate family and friends and avoid the plus one’s.
3. NEGOTIATE!! – Venues and vendors will negotiate for varies reasons. If they aren’t booked and the date is coming near or if your date is out of season. You might even be able to get a few appetizers or the cake cutting fee waived.
4. AVOID SATURDAYS – For some people this may not be possible, but if you can get married on any other day it can save thousands of dollars. Another option is to have a daytime wedding rather than an evening wedding, this is a huge money saver as well.
5. BUY PRE-OWNED – Designer wedding dresses can cost between $4,000 to over $10,000. Once you know that exact wedding dress you want, rather than buying it from a retail shop you can buy it from www.preownedweddingsdresses.com. It is only once worn and can save you 50% off the retail price.
6. MULTIPURPOSE WEDDING FLOWERS – During cocktail hour have your florist move the ceremony flowers to your reception. This can save you hundreds of dollars on additional flower arrangements. Also, choose seasonal and local flowers so you don’t have to pay premiums.
7. HAVE A BUFFET OR ONE OPTION MEAL – Buffets can save thousands of dollars rather than having a plated meal. If you still want the plated meal feel, opt for only one meat option and one vegetarian option. By not offering three meat options, this can save you thousands on your catering budget.
8. SERVE A SIGNATURE COCKTAIL – By only serving wine, beer and one signature cocktail you are still giving the guests three desirable drink options without the expensive cost of a full open bar. Plus your quests will love ordering your cutely named cocktail.
9. BUY, RENT OR MAKE – If you are a crafty person, enjoy doing as many DIY projects as you can to save money. If not crunch the numbers and determine weather it makes more sense to rent your linens or buy them for example. For destination weddings, consider the cost of getting everything to your venue as well.
10. HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER – This might seem like an unnecessary expense, but planners have expertise and connections that can save you money with vendors. Plus it takes away a lot of the stress and work for you!