Here comes the guide..
Every vendor/venue you book has a special booking moment, but the venue is particularly special because it sets the date! To help you find the location to host your wedding, rehearsal dinner or day-after brunch, you need to go in educated with the right questions to ask (otherwise you will leave wishing you asked these questions and more custom to you! e.g. “Can my dog be the ring bearer in my ceremony?” or “Do you allow sparklers for my send-off”?) Make sure to get everything in writing in your final contract! Don’t forget to have a notebook or your planning binder handy so that you can record answers to all these questions. To get organized pencil in my Go-To Wedding Checklist guide into your planner or notebook. Have you had any venue meetings yet?
- Is my date available?
- Minimum and maximum guest?
- Can my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception be held on site? (indoor, outdoor, both)
- Is there a rain option?
- Parking availability? (valet, self-park, cost)
- Is there a premium or discount charge for my chosen date?
- Is there an on-site bridal suite and/or groom’s lounge?
- Is the site venue exclusive, or will there be other weddings held on the same day? If yes, how many?
- How many bathrooms are available to my guests? Are they exclusive?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
- Is the venue smoking or non-smoking?
- Sufficient heating or cooling depending on season?
- Are there any areas on the property we won’t have access to?
- Pictures allowed indoor and outdoor?
- Is there a coat check available? Is there an additional cost?
- Facility rental price? What does that cost include?
- Deposit amount? When is it due?
- Payment plan availability?
- Cancellation policy?
- How long will I have use of rental space?
- Can I add on additional hours? Cost for each additional hour?
- Is there an attendee fee? If yes, cost?
- Is there a set-up or clean up fee? If yes, cost?
- Is there a day-of-coordinator fee? If yes, cost?
- Is Security required? Cost?
- Is insurance required? Cost?
- Are tips, taxes and service charges included?
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DETAILS:
- In-house catering? Required to use them?
- Is there a preferred catering list?
- Can I use my own caterer? Is there an additional cost?
- Can the kitchen cost for outside caterers?
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- Is there a kids menu options?
- Is there Vendor meal options?
- Is there a tasting appointment option? Cost?
- Is a cake included?
- Do you have a preferred baker?
- Is there a cake cutting fee?
- Is there a late night snack option/menu?
- Is there a Waiter fee?
- Do you have a liquor license?
- Am I charged for alcohol by hour, head or consumption?
- Can I bring my own alcohol? Is there a corkage fee?
- Is there a barters fee?
- Is a complimentary champagne toast included?
- Are any of the following included: AV, Speakers, Microphone, Lighting, Linen, Flatware, Plates, Glasses, Tables, Chairs and Centerpieces?
- Any decorating restrictions? (i.e., candles, sparklers, confetti, balloons)
- Any music restrictions?
- Any alcohol restrictions (i.e., can my guests order shots)
- Does the venue require any specific verbiage on my invitations or programs? (Some historic or art related venues do)
- Map out your ceremony space. Make sure there are accommodations for an altar, backdrop, chairs, outlets, aisle runner, and if outdoors location of the sun.
- Map out your reception space. Make sure there are accommodations for a bar, DJ/band, cake, gifts, guestbook, dance floor, outlets, tables and chairs, buffet (if applicable).
- Is a rehearsal time allocated? (when, fee, includes)
- Distance to accommodations?
- Do they partner with any near by hotels?
- Is there a shuttle available?
- Are their any renovations or changes to the venue prior to my wedding date?
- How many rooms can we block?
- Am I required to meet a minimum?
- Am I required to purchase the rooms blocked if I don’t meet my minimum?
MY FAVORITE NOTEBOOKS Kate Spade (or here) and Lily Pulitzer // MY FAVORITE PLANNERS All the Essentials Wedding Planner, Amazon Best Sellers and The Ultimate Wedding Planner and Organizer // MY FAVORITE BINDERS The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner and Organizer and Zazzle // GOLD BOW PAPER CLIPS Kate Spade