Want to try something new for your engagement pictures, rehearsal dinner or bridal shower? Fishtail braids are on trend and look so pretty in pictures (see this bride-to-be’s engagement picture). Try this step-by-step tutorial and then Instagram your pictures with the hashtag #IGWbrides so I can see your results!
The Fishtail Braid
1) Begin with loose curls and natural texture for a messier braid, or brush your hair out first for a smoother look.
2) Create a deep side part and pull all hair over to one side.
3) Piece the hair into two ponytails, and take a piece from the first side and pass it to the second side.
4) Next, take a piece from the second side and pass it back to the first side.
5) Continue taking even sections until the braid is finished and wrap with a clear elastic.
6) Gently pull on the pieces of the braid to loosen to the desired size.